A large group employer was relying on several benefit administration platforms and multiple third-party brokers to manage their employee benefit programs. This resulted in service inconsistencies and high overall administrative costs that the company was eager to reduce. The company was in need of a consolidated and streamlined benefits administration solution.
The customer needed a solution that could handle high enrollment volume spikes, as well as manage Dual Enrollment (new hires and Open Enrollment, both active and passive). The customer also needed to allow for those enrolled in an HDHP to change their HSA contribution election in real time. They were relying on many manual processes, including EOI for life and disability plans and QLE for mid-year enrollments. Recording and maintaining beneficiary updates was also adding to the administrative strain.
The company could not configure its plan and rate change schedule, leading to a dependency on third-party brokers. Turnaround times were also being hurt by the company’s process of sending 834 EDI files to respective payers via a clearing house, which delayed activating and terminating coverage. These delays led to poor employee relations and COBRA compliance issues.
Exela’s Spring Benefits Administration is a customizable and automated end-to-end enrollment solution that provides:
- - Data migration from the current benefit administration systems to the Spring Platform
- - Payroll, HR census, carrier, and IRS integration with Spring data
- - Capability of configuring plans and rates manually, directly into Spring
- - Passive enrollment configuration for plans that remain unchanged
- - Employer and carrier onboarding – 2 to 4 weeks based on the number of plans and carriers
- - Enrollment follow-up communication and enrollment assistance
- - Call center support
- - Reduced administrative work
- - 24/7 access
- - Faster enrollment process
- - ACA and state required reporting
- - Indirect cost savings through reduced call volumes and paperwork
- - Reduced third-party and broker dependency
- - Increase in member satisfaction
- - Highly scalable to meet evolving business needs
- - Mobile compatible for best user experience
- - Billing and reconciliation reports
- - iCRM Chat support
- - Open Enrollment dashboard
Discover What Exela's Spring Platform, Part of Our Human Capital Management Solutions, Can Do For You